Thursday, December 29, 2011
The PA Plague and other Unhappyness
Two weeks ago I snuck out of the underground lab a week early to get a head start on my holiday wanderings. My brother graduated college and I was determined to be there if at all possible. A week later Alina joined me and since than we've been bouncing between families, extended families, and one flight halfway across the country. During these wanderings I caught what I'm calling the PA Plague, a wicked sinus infection that has left me still reeling almost a week later.
That said, I've been hard at work on four things for you guys.
- A fun micro-challenge for the final quest of this week
- An insane boss fight using a feature we haven't used since a holiday many years ago (let's see if the current engine can handle it!)
- One is the ChronoCorruptor class you guys have been taking a look at for the last couple of days
- And the last is this year's Frostval present, the Togslayer Armor. (Those of you who have been around for a while might know exactly how amusing that sentence was for me to type.)
Here comes the point in the design notes where the two different topics come slamming together.
While I'm having a lot of fun getting the monsters and quest ready for you guys (it still could be a late one, we'll be doing things rarely done in the game) I don't think we'll be getting the classes out when we originally planned. My plague has left me cloudy-headed and without much of a mind for the complicated process of designing and implementing the epic skills necessary to make these classes EXPLODE on your screens.
Once this vile debuff wears off, rest assured we'll be releasing the class as I finish each skill so you guys can be included in it's design. That way, you will be able to provide ample feedback and input for the entire process.
It's really unfortunate that this plague had to infect me NOW, but both of these classes have amazing animations and I want to give them the time, attention and finesse they deserve, even if one of them is really, really* silly.
* Really, really, really... Really, really, really - *deep breath* REALLY, REALLY, REALLY silly.